The primitive Ulldecona, according to the town charter of 1222 was within the grounds of the Castle. After the first moments of political instability and when James I had set the river Senia as a border between the Principality and Kingdom of Valencia, the plan moves Ulldecona (town charter in 1273) and formed the original core of the The current population.
Ulldecona, Alcanar and Senia were created to be border, but the structure seems Ulldecona is designed from the outset to be more organized. The historic, walled up in the nineteenth century, is the typical form of the Roman city, with two perpendicular axes, the first, matching the current street, the site began in Tortosa (now City Hall) and finished in Valencia ( Sales and Ferr茅 Square). The second axis, formed by current St. Luke Street (the weight) and San Antonio began the post of Morella (or weight) and ended at Sea (or the trough).
The walkway of the ancient wall was about 1,100 feet and coincide with existing streets and the Wall of Wall of Top Down. However, work continues with the hypothesis that the original nucleus would be smaller than previously described and could be placed between the house and order a side and pound the streets of Roger de Lauria (the funnel) to other. The plan oldest remains of the town is the French war and there is not watching buildings outside the walls, but it is likely that the site was very busy and many houses walls extend up the walls.
During the nineteenth century the town would go bigger and get out of the walls. Portals stopped being used after the third carlinada. The final expansion would take place in the first third of the twentieth century, which coincides with the period of full development of the agricultural area, where they produce the typical growth of lattice extensions that had hit a century before the industrial cities. The train stops urban sprawl to the east and the town expanded in other directions, but lately it has been growing more westward.
In general, although you can see some differences between the homes and streets of the old town with the rest Ulldecona is basically a town of houses, streets wide enough and suitable for modern requirements. The problem of the street, to be on the road again, it has been decided to detour down the road.
One of the more striking features that the traveler walks Ulldecona are horizontal windows, elongated with a pulley (pass in the middle of the top) there engorfes of the oldest houses. Served to raise wheat and other farm products directly to the car inside the house, where they kept up their consumption.
The town Ulldecona contains 3,500 houses, where more than 6,500 people throughout the year. The adjective is currently used ulldeconenc / ulldeconenca, although formerly called ulldecona / ulldeconina
Text taken from the website: