Tuesday, 14 July of 2020
The municipality is located in SE Tivissa the region of the Ebro basin. This extends along 208 km occupying nearly a quarter of the region. The town has four villages: Llaber铆a La Serra d'Almos, and Darm贸s Tivissa, which gives its name to the town.
The villa is built on a hill Tivissa the foot of the northern slopes of the mountain range of the same name, about 310 meters above sea level, and taking a step in the mountains, as expected, overlooking the valley Ebro and the church is at its most extreme.
Tivissa is an ancient town roots would be based on the first known settlers. Her name is of Iberian origin, later Latinized by the Romans under the name TIBISI.
The name comes from Tivissa a part of Iberian roots "tivi" which means mountain or hill, and a Pre-Roman dessin猫ncia "issa" meaning town or city, so it would refer to "the city of the hill. "
The village retains its appearance walled with narrow winding streets gives the impression that the visitor is in a previous era. Shown with granEsgl茅sia Arxiprestral majestic St. James, which combines various architectural styles and a church in another, gateways fortified manor houses with shields, the oldest of 1408 trees and balconies.
The Saracen domination, feudal lords and subsequent periods have always had the constitutional roots of the old town, which allows us to see the history of our country, ranging from prehistory to the present, making a real Tivissa cradle of cultures.
Surrounded by mountains, Tivissa offers a natural setting ideal for power for hiking and mountain biking, big rock walls for climbing enthusiasts and numerous archaeological remains of prehistoric, Iberian and Roman.
Currently has 1,824 inhabitants, some of whom are engaged in farming and allow us to enjoy high quality, natural products.
Text taken from the website http://www.tivissa.altanet.org